Any lawyers in here?
Posted: 07 March 2005 09:02 AM     [ Ignore ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“nohsim”][quote author=“GENERATOR”]PLUS ANYONE THAT SPENDS MORE THEN $20 ON A DOG IS TOTAL NUTCASE… NOT TO MEANTION THE MEDICAL BILLS IF MY DOG GOT HURT I WOULD PUT HIM TO SLEEP MYSELF…

Do you feed your dog?  I mean, how much food could you really buy with $20?

Also, $1000 isn’t all that much for the life of a dog. That’s about two weeks of work.  I would definetly work two weeks to save a dog.  But still I want those people to pay.  Who the f’  walks a f’    pitbull with out a leash?  Little kids shouldn’t even be walking pitbulls.

Nah nah you are asking the wrong question. The real question is: Were the kids walking the pitbull or was the pitbull walking the kids? :lol:

Posted: 07 March 2005 09:02 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22

Any lawyers in here?  Here’s a super long post of what happened.
Any help is appreciated.

Pitbull attacked my puppy.  $1,000.00 in medical bills.

Well, the dog isn’t mine, it’s actually my girlfriend’s (Airlia-18).  Her younger brother (Pagoda-16) let the puppy (Fudgy) out into the front yard as usual to use the restroom.  Fudgy barks at the front door when he’s done.  Pagoda opened the door and waited for Fudgy to come inside.  Fudgy was in five feet of the door when the pitbull came from the street and attacked Fudgy.  Pagoda immediatly started kicking the pitbull to try to make it release Fudgy.  One of the owners of the pitbull also came and started beating the pitbull to make him release.  Nothing worked.  Airlia’s father (Sokheng) then came out and tried spraying him with a water hose.  Sokheng took a brick and threw it at the pitbull, and then finally the pitbull released and limped away.  The two owners of the pitbull said nothing and took off.  My girlfriend and family rushed Fudgy to an emergancy vet.  Luckly, Fudgy survived.  He had stitches in five different places, his eye was damaged, and he now has a hole in his throat with a tube sticking out to help him breathe and discharge fluid.  The total cost of the bill was around $1000.00.  Before we had got to the vet, we tried to file a police report, but they said that they were going to transfer it over to the SPCA, and that we had to call them the next day.  We called the SPCA and they said there was nothing we could do because Fudgy was not on a leash.  The pitbull was also not on a leash.  The pitbull was being walked by two kids around the age of 12 and 17.  They only held it by the collar.  We contacted the owner of the dog, and he agreed to make payments of $50 a month until the total damages were paid off.  We told him we were going to contact him later, and have him sign a contract.  The next day, he decided to change his mind, and he no longer wants to sign a contract, nor make any payments.  Even though the SPCA said I can’t do anything, I still think I can.  So, do I have a case even though Fudgy was not on a leash, and he was attacked within five feet of the front door?  Also, many neighboors have said that their dogs have also been attacked by the same pitbull.

Posted: 07 March 2005 09:11 AM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1178
Joined  2004-09-27

[quote author=“nohsim”]Any lawyers in here?  Here’s a super long post of what happened.
Any help is appreciated.

Pitbull attacked my puppy.  $1,000.00 in medical bills.

Well, the dog isn’t mine, it’s actually my girlfriend’s (Airlia-18).  Her younger brother (Pagoda-16) let the puppy (Fudgy) out into the front yard as usual to use the restroom.  Fudgy barks at the front door when he’s done.  Pagoda opened the door and waited for Fudgy to come inside.  Fudgy was in five feet of the door when the pitbull came from the street and attacked Fudgy.  Pagoda immediatly started kicking the pitbull to try to make it release Fudgy.  One of the owners of the pitbull also came and started beating the pitbull to make him release.  Nothing worked.  Airlia’s father (Sokheng) then came out and tried spraying him with a water hose.  Sokheng took a brick and threw it at the pitbull, and then finally the pitbull released and limped away.  The two owners of the pitbull said nothing and took off.  My girlfriend and family rushed Fudgy to an emergancy vet.  Luckly, Fudgy survived.  He had stitches in five different places, his eye was damaged, and he now has a hole in his throat with a tube sticking out to help him breathe and discharge fluid.  The total cost of the bill was around $1000.00.  Before we had got to the vet, we tried to file a police report, but they said that they were going to transfer it over to the SPCA, and that we had to call them the next day.  We called the SPCA and they said there was nothing we could do because Fudgy was not on a leash.  The pitbull was also not on a leash.  The pitbull was being walked by two kids around the age of 12 and 17.  They only held it by the collar.  We contacted the owner of the dog, and he agreed to make payments of $50 a month until the total damages were paid off.  We told him we were going to contact him later, and have him sign a contract.  The next day, he decided to change his mind, and he no longer wants to sign a contract, nor make any payments.  Even though the SPCA said I can’t do anything, I still think I can.  So, do I have a case even though Fudgy was not on a leash, and he was attacked within five feet of the front door?  Also, many neighboors have said that their dogs have also been attacked by the same pitbull.

Nope, I am not one but first of all you should be able to recover the medical bills if the dog was not on a leash and was aggressisve. I know Bonnie’s brother is a laywer so talk to him maybe….or find a local lawywe

Posted: 07 March 2005 09:29 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22

I was just planning to take action myself.  I was just looking for any advice, experiences, or any reasons why I shouldn’t be able to take this guy to court and win.

Posted: 07 March 2005 09:34 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2401
Joined  2004-12-30

i’m almost certain that you have a case… (i’m not a lawyer, but i play one on tv 😛)
if the pitbull, which are usually ill tempered to begin with, did attack other dogs, then it is possible that the pitbull may be put to sleep

Posted: 07 March 2005 09:41 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  3690
Joined  2004-12-22

ya im no lawyer either, but you may have something since their dog came onto your property and attacked. i’d also make sure to get written statements from any witnesses there.

if i was the dog’s owner, i would of stuck with the 50/month deal. i would say he was getting off easy with that. he might be stuck with something much worse now.

good luck with all this, hope your dog gets better.

Posted: 07 March 2005 10:09 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  329
Joined  2004-08-24

if your dog wasnt fenced in and was not on a leash then you may not have a case. and i would say jsut pay the 1000$ cause thats maaad cheap. when my dog was only 3 months he broke his leg and it cost over 3 grand. not to mention the dog himself cost 3 grand . so in total i could have bought me a nice car :x
edit:  <—- thats one of my dogs i jsut got another last week same as that yorkie 😉

Posted: 07 March 2005 10:14 AM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2005-02-22

MAN THAT PITTBULL IS THE DOGG… HE WAS RAISED IN THE DPG(DOGGPOUND) AND HE REPRESENTS ITS 100% TILL HE DIES!!

Posted: 07 March 2005 10:16 AM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  159
Joined  2005-02-22

PLUS ANYONE THAT SPENDS MORE THEN $20 ON A DOG IS TOTAL NUTCASE… NOT TO MEANTION THE MEDICAL BILLS IF MY DOG GOT HURT I WOULD PUT HIM TO SLEEP MYSELF…

Posted: 07 March 2005 10:28 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  2401
Joined  2004-12-30

IsMaR, for future reference, the caps lock button is to the left of the “A” key.

Posted: 07 March 2005 02:20 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

[quote author=“illwon”]IsMaR, for future reference, the caps lock button is to the left of the “A” key.

:lol: Don’t worry they don’t use keyboards where he is going.

Posted: 08 March 2005 05:16 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Joined  2004-12-22
[quote author=“GENERATOR”]PLUS ANYONE THAT SPENDS MORE THEN $20 ON A DOG IS TOTAL NUTCASE… NOT TO MEANTION THE MEDICAL BILLS IF MY DOG GOT HURT I WOULD PUT HIM TO SLEEP MYSELF…

Do you feed your dog?  I mean, how much food could you really buy with $20?

Also, $1000 isn’t all that much for the life of a dog. That’s about two weeks of work.  I would definetly work two weeks to save a dog.  But still I want those people to pay.  Who the f’  walks a f’    pitbull with out a leash?  Little kids shouldn’t even be walking pitbulls.

‹‹ paypal horrors!!!!      First Thread Alive ››