< 1 2 3
3 of 3
Most Disliked Genre Of Music
Posted: 01 September 2004 03:31 AM   [ # 51 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2005-02-25

I really dislike rap. All other kinds are quite alright, except for rap. I really don’t understand how that’s called music either, as it is just speaking and monotonous.

Posted: 01 September 2004 03:38 AM   [ # 52 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2004-08-31

country…and heavy metal.

Posted: 01 September 2004 07:40 AM   [ # 53 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod
Total Posts:  13561
Joined  2005-03-07

heavy metalll i agree.

Posted: 01 September 2004 08:54 AM   [ # 54 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  289
Joined  2005-09-11

Let’s see, I dislike elements of all forms of music.

Rap. I am so tired of all the copy-paste “gangsters” that are around. They are all the same, and in my opinion, are ruining that genre. Hip-hop will hopefully change and grow, but not if these guys keep coming out. I like it when it sounds more like poetry, and not the same ########, “Rhyme this with that about this bitch and that gun”. I dunno, most people will disagree, but I think Eminem is poetic, even though he is quite angry and speaks his mind. I identify with that though. And, Tupac :D My two favorite rappers, also, Kayne West is gettin’ on my list too….Just don’t like how he made his video “Jesus Walks”, pitting the evil white guys against the poor black guys…maybe that’s how it is where he lives, but I don’t see any of that so I really can’t relate to what he’s saying. I like the message though, more people should goto church 😛 Or some place that makes you feel at rest and at ease with yourself…

Classical, I like Lux Aeternal from “Requiem for a Dream” and “LOTR”, if you consider that classical…I think it is. I don’t like some stuff that is boring, like what you were talking about Gohan…Though, I must admit, Beethoven and Mozart kick ass 😛

Country. I like alot of the country songs, “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy”,“Live Like you were Dying”,“Paint me a Birmingham”,“I Love you This Much”,“She Was”,“Check Yes or No”....I dunno, I don’t know the names of the songs I don’t like, just the ones that are too country I guess 😛

Rock, Metal, Alternative, ect.. Well, I like only a few metal songs, Slipknot - “The Nameless” is one of them…just because the chorus sounds so awesome 😛 I don’t like metal songs that are just screaming the whole time…those songs just kina’ make me annoyed. I like most Rock and Alternative, just that “one” song type of thing here and there.

Old music, the type your mother or grandmother listens to. Ugh, some of that I like, but since it has been the source of my frustration after years of road-trips with the family, I tend to try and avoid it when I can 😛 Though, admittedly, I do like many songs from that era. Especially the ones that are “mood” enhancers 😛 Just waiting for a time when I can implement it to achieve the feeling you get when you listen to that type of music…you know, the slow, building feeling of inner peace/pleasure with some of the songs…makes you feel at home - comfortable.

Gothic/Sad/Depressed/Dark Music is usually too over-the-top for me, unless it has a good beat 😛 I’m not sure if you could categorize this group as being Gothic, but Deftones definitely has a good beat to most of their music…so that’s my exception for that genre (again, if you could consider it that)...

I’ll think of more later, gotta go check something 😛

Posted: 06 September 2004 04:29 AM   [ # 55 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1028
Joined  2005-01-15

name 1 country song where they don’t say “mamma” or “truck”

Posted: 06 September 2004 05:55 AM   [ # 56 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2004-08-26

Country. Hate all forms of it, just like everyone else. The two things that get to me: their style of singing (ugh) and that damn “waa waa” string instrument thing that they use in all of their songs.

As for rap… the only good rappers out today are ones that cater to an old-school style, or are funny. Deltron is hilarious to listen to, Outkast is always original (“so fresh, so clean!”), and the Beastie Boys are just downright awesome. Run DMC was cool, too. All the “new-age” rappers are too hell-bent on rapping about guns, women, and cars.

Jazz… is the best. I listen to so much jazz, it’s astounding. I could improvize over some blues or rhythm-changes with my tenor sax for hours upon hours, and not get bored. Big band, bebop, cool jazz, dixieland, funk… it’s all good. Except for smooth CRAP. It can’t even be classified as jazz. [stereotypical mode] All Kenny G. can play is a pentatonic scale. Five notes! That isn’t jazz. Just because you have an alto or soprano sax in (the side of) your mouth, doesn’t mean you’re a jazz musician. [/stereotypical mode]

Classical is great. It can be soothing, funny, or exciting to listen to, depending on the composer and score. Plus, all of our music styles, in one aspect or another, rose from classical music.

I can digest rock/metallic music. It’s not my favorite, but I can stomach it. Alternative rock is slightly better than metallic, but ska is definitely the most favorable of the bunch for me.

Last but not least: techno. When most laypeople think of techno, they think of trance music, with it’s four-on-the-floor drumbeat and it’s lulling synthpads. This is NOT the only type of techno. Besides jazz, techno is probably the only style of music that has a countless number of “sub-styles”, and I’m sure that, even if you are the epitomy of the “techno-hater”, you’d like something. I like drum-‘n-bass (http://www.bassdrive.com) because of it’s ever-changing beat and it’s KICK-ASS basslines. Happy-hardcore, despite it’s shortcomings (the singers…), can have great melodic lines on top of crazy beats. There are a lot more styles that can be checked out here.

And there you have it. My rant on music styles. I’m sure I’ve missed stuff…

Posted: 06 September 2004 09:39 AM   [ # 57 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  377
Joined  2004-07-30

country, classical, and polka

Posted: 06 September 2004 10:18 AM   [ # 58 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1794
Joined  2004-08-03
[quote author=“du3ce”]country, classical, and polka

agree so boring

Posted: 11 September 2004 11:01 PM   [ # 59 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2004-09-11

I think all forms of music are becoming tiring for the listeners.  I used to enjoy a little bit of metal and rap.

Then a lot of rap artists turned to insulting peers, talking about the “ghetto” - their version of it, bling blings, whores, etc.  So, I would turn to tuning out the lyrics and just listening to the beats.

Metal, Nu-Metal, etc. was nice with artists like Korn, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, etc.  But then, the guitar riffs would start to meld and sound the same, there’d be too much screaming involved, and the lyrics would start to sound similar.

Basically, I became tired of listening to some of the artists.  So I would take a break, listen to the good ol’ 90s, and hop back into what’s currently new.

Posted: 05 November 2004 04:15 PM   [ # 60 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2004-11-03

Polka… enough said.

Posted: 05 November 2004 05:31 PM   [ # 61 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2004-10-27

[quote author=“rejunkie”]I think all forms of music are becoming tiring for the listeners.  I used to enjoy a little bit of metal and rap.

Then a lot of rap artists turned to insulting peers, talking about the “ghetto” - their version of it, bling blings, whores, etc.  So, I would turn to tuning out the lyrics and just listening to the beats.

Metal, Nu-Metal, etc. was nice with artists like Korn, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, etc.  But then, the guitar riffs would start to meld and sound the same, there’d be too much screaming involved, and the lyrics would start to sound similar.

Basically, I became tired of listening to some of the artists.  So I would take a break, listen to the good ol’ 90s, and hop back into what’s currently new.

You’re right, I agree with what I read of that, aka NEW MUSIC BLOWS (for the most part) Don’t we all miss the Regan Inspired Music?

Posted: 05 November 2004 10:09 PM   [ # 62 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2004-07-19

I can’t stand classical, country, and heavy metal.

Posted: 06 November 2004 04:26 AM   [ # 63 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2004-10-25

i dont like hip hop on the tree top or country

Posted: 06 November 2004 11:43 AM   [ # 64 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  778
Joined  2005-09-19

heavy metal. can not stand it.

Posted: 06 November 2004 01:08 PM   [ # 65 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  208
Joined  2005-09-21

I hate classical, emo rock, heavy metal bs, country, techno, and more. I hate most rap too, the only rap I like is the old old OLD rap, like origional snoop dog was good. Now rap is just these videos of either #1 showing how much cash they have while opening wine and showing off there diamond studded everything, or #2 them at a party with strippers and models dancing around. So gay. Oh and sweet jesus im quoting you on something you wrote on page 1 😊.

Posted: 06 November 2004 03:28 PM   [ # 66 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

Almost all music today sucks.  It’s just made to be popular for a month or so-long enough to sell some records.  But specific genres, country, god I can’t stand everything about it.  Classical music is OK, but it gets too boring, however I do own a LOTR soundtrack.  Techno is just plain weird…

Posted: 06 November 2004 03:31 PM   [ # 67 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  426
Joined  2004-10-15

Oh, and music is a very touchy subject, I mean there’s no universal song or genre that every single person likes.  You can say anything about movies, sports, TV, video games, but once you talk about music, people have some really strong opinions and there’s bound to be arguments.

Posted: 06 November 2004 06:55 PM   [ # 68 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2004-09-22

bluegrass, i think thats the correct term

Posted: 07 November 2004 01:09 AM   [ # 69 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  156
Joined  2004-11-07

I hate rap… and all those dumb celebrities singing about stupid and evil stuff…

Posted: 08 November 2004 01:06 AM   [ # 70 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  133
Joined  2004-09-07

I personally can’t stand rap and country…I prefer rock, punk, or anything that isn’t rap and country! 😛

Posted: 08 November 2004 09:27 AM   [ # 71 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2004-10-18

I don’t think I’ve come across a genre of music that I just can’t stand to listen to. There are plenty of artists that I dislike and refuse to listen to, but not one whole genre.

Posted: 08 November 2004 07:27 PM   [ # 72 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2004-11-05

ehh .. country .. and then hard rap 😛

Posted: 09 November 2004 12:14 AM   [ # 73 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  868
Joined  2004-09-27

Country is the crappiest **** ever made oh and rap. 😉

Posted: 09 November 2004 07:19 PM   [ # 74 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
Might As Well Be A Mod