ASUS "A8N-SLI Deluxe" nForce4 SL
Posted: 13 January 2005 07:30 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1828
Joined  2004-12-28

What do you people think about this mobo ??

Click here to see

I may use that one to build my custom pc late

Posted: 14 January 2005 03:35 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29

In my opininon that’s the best one right now. SLI is the way to go so you can have support for the newest things to come. It is a little pricey right now. That may go down, but knowing ASUS, that will be a while. I like ASUS for their stability. It’s my brand of choice 😉

Posted: 14 January 2005 05:03 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-12-28
[quote author=“OscarGearLive”]In my opininon that’s the best one right now. SLI is the way to go so you can have support for the newest things to come. It is a little pricey right now. That may go down, but knowing ASUS, that will be a while. I like ASUS for their stability. It’s my brand of choice 😉

yeah its a little pricey right now.. but I might buy it around March-April

Another feature that i like is the PCI-E

Posted: 15 January 2005 03:21 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  47
Joined  2004-12-11

PCI-E is available on a number of boards at the moment, but if you don’t plan on taking advantage of SLI (2 identical PCI-E video cards) on this mobo, don’t spend the extra money.

Posted: 15 January 2005 05:46 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Board Mentor
Total Posts:  2742
Joined  2004-09-29
[quote author=“Haxxxess”][quote author=“OscarGearLive”]In my opininon that’s the best one right now. SLI is the way to go so you can have support for the newest things to come. It is a little pricey right now. That may go down, but knowing ASUS, that will be a while. I like ASUS for their stability. It’s my brand of choice 😉

yeah its a little pricey right now.. but I might buy it around March-April

Another feature that i like is the PCI-E

By that time there will be a better Motherboard available. As djlotek said, if you just like it for the PCI-E, then get a cheaper Motherboard. There’s allot that support that, however if you want the best in high end graphics and firmware upgradability, stick with this one.

Posted: 16 January 2005 05:30 AM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Board Apprentice
Joined  2004-12-28

Im buying a high end motherboard so that I can later easily upgrade the CPU and other components