Byte 028: Windows Vista Jacket Giveaway
Posted: 08 September 2006 08:00 PM     [ Ignore ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Lets see, I need this jacket because I like vista and am the only one of my friends without a single shirt or jacket to show my geekness off. All my other friends have ATI Shirts, Geek Squads Shirts, but non have a Sweet Microsoft Jacket… That and my only other jacket, the lettermen I got in 8th grade, is getting too small, and as a senior in Highschool with a $5.15 hour job working for the school to fix computers, and my other weekend job at $5.50 an hour at the movies… So I dont have much spare money to buy a new Jacket…

Come on help a starving geeky student out!

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 09 September 2006 03:35 AM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
N00b
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2006-06-21

I will be heading to England in a month or so…and frankly, I’d like to stay dry from all of that awesome english rain…of course, it might not be able to stop the rain of fists that will be sure to come my way for being a big enough geek to wear a Windows jacket…

Posted: 09 September 2006 09:34 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Keep em comming, you guys don’t sound desperate. Though they are good reasons to HAVE a jacket in general…and don’t forget to mention wether or not you want sparky to sign it.

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 10 September 2006 11:38 PM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-26

I should win this jacket since I really need it. It is hurricane season here in south Texas and it’s been raining like crazy. I live in Mexico in border with Texas and I study there in Texas. Going back and forth from one country to another walking in the middle of the rain in this season is really awful. This jacket would really help me, plus… I’m going for Computer Science major and my classmates would really envy my Windows Vista jacket 😛

I’m running Windows Vista RC1 in my laptop and I would love to show it off by wearing my Windows Vista jacket also. 😊

Posted: 11 September 2006 01:47 AM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
N00b
Joined  2006-09-11

I work in a “only linux/microsucks” enviroment. I’t would be so funny to come to work dressed in a Windows Vista jacket 😛. I know my coworkers would probably stop talking to me for the whole week. Might be nice to even take a video of their reactions. (for the next episode of the bleeding edge obviously…) 😊

Posted: 12 September 2006 06:18 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-06-05

omg i want that its so 1337 looking XD reasons i need it it rains lot in Washington and im to cheap to go and buy one how am i going to save for a laptop and buy a sweet jacket like that XD ok a list of why i need it. one umm it rains alot here o.o it looks super sweet and got to love windows swag besides i only have hoodies and they jsut draw in water oh ya if i do get it i want every one to put there names on it theat would be uber. better then an i river if u ask me XD besides how cool would i look walking up to a lan with that on u know u want to give it to me. oh ya would look good with my tux shirt AHAHAHA
..oh ya i used spell check so that alone is a good reson to give it to me XD

Posted: 26 September 2006 01:25 PM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
N00b
Joined  2006-09-26

There are three great reasons why I deserve this jacket.

First, I work with a guy that is a Microsoft MVP.  This guy brags about this all the time.  He has MVP gear all over his desk and on his walls.  He wears Microsoft MVP logo shirts all the time just to make sure we don’t forget he is an MVP.  He has one of these jackets.  He wears it all the time to remind us that he is better than us.  If I had a jacket like his.  It would really piss him off. 

Second, I found out this week that my position at work is being outsourced on January 1.  This means that I am going to be on the street in the middle of a Michigan winter.  If you have ever been to Michigan in the winter, you would know that I need a nice warm jacket.  And with my job gone, I will not be able to afford one.  So it’s either the Vista Jacket or freeze.  You don’t want me to freeze do you?

Third, I joined this forum just to get the jacket.  That is reason enough isn’t it?

Please give me the jacket so I can wear it while I pack my things in December and really piss off an arogant Microsoft MVP.  Who knows, if I wear it to job interviews in January it may even help me get another job.  Won’t that make you feel good!

Best Regards,

Cold and Jobless.

Posted: 27 September 2006 02:28 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
N00b
Joined  2006-09-27

I need the jacket so I can use it as bubble wrap to ship my new system back to the factory when Vista crashes it.

Posted: 28 September 2006 04:34 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2005-03-17

I want the jacket because its free and no I don’t want sparky to sign it, oh and I have the most posts here so far besides you Andru, I try to contribute to the forum and anything else gearlive related whenever possible.

Posted: 29 September 2006 12:53 AM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2006-06-05
Andrews - 28 September 2006 07:34 PM

I want the jacket because its free and no I don’t want sparky to sign it, oh and I have the most posts here so far besides you Andru, I try to contribute to the forum and anything else gearlive related whenever possible.

ya i think he should get it for the most post and he didnt lie XD

Posted: 29 September 2006 07:28 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  625
Joined  2005-09-01

I dunno why… but for some reason a Vista jacket seems leet as hell. Plus my girlfriend is Vista-crazy (I’m Mac-crazy) and she would really to see me in one of these 8)

Posted: 10 November 2006 12:29 AM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
In The Club
Total Posts:  311
Joined  2005-12-05

So umm.. Yeah… Are they ever gonna give this away? Its getting cold here, and I dont have a jacket or much mullah… LOL, remember help the starving student save for college! LOL

Jack

Posted: 29 November 2006 12:40 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  511
Joined  2005-03-17
Jack3 - 10 November 2006 04:29 AM

So umm.. Yeah… Are they ever gonna give this away?

I doubt it.