What are some attractions in your town?
Posted: 29 July 2006 01:59 AM     [ Ignore ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  91
Joined  2005-01-02

Living in Seattle, I must say that the Space Needle is the big tourist attraction…but it costs too much just to go up there and look at the city. I much prefer the tucked away Seattle beach that makes you feel like you are in another world, our own Seattle Mind Camp events, and Green Lake, where all the action is 😊

Signature 

Gear Live - Enter the High-Tech Lifestyle
PlayFeed - Feed Your Gaming Need
Personal Blog - In case you’re bored
Gamer Card

Posted: 29 July 2006 08:34 PM   [ # 1 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Know It All
Total Posts:  6460
Joined  2004-12-22

San Antonio is definitely known for the Alamo. We are also the home of the San Antonio Spurs. Many military bases are located here, including Lackland AFB, which is a primary military base throughout the nation for the basic training in the Air Force. In other words, if you are joining the Air Force, then your chances are high that you will be stationed here in San Antonio at Lackland AFB for at least a month for basic training. It is very common here to see military men & women dressed in their BDUs & other such military garb throughout the city. San Antonio also has many local scary legends. Our haunted railroad tracks have been featured on many national television programmes, and that is just the tip of the iceberg with our scary history. San Antonio was also the site of the 1968 World’s Fair. In order to celebrate & welcome the arrival of international exhibitions, the Tower Of The Americas was constructed as well as the surrounding Hemisfair Park in the middle of downtown where a monorail was also constructed for quicker transit downtown. The monorail is no longer in use, however. Along with the Alamo are the lesser known missions surrounding the town. The Alamo used to be a mission where centuries ago the Spaniards would convert the New World Native Americans. After the Battle Of The Alamo, the Alamo was virtually destroyed. Now, the other missions stand as reminders of what the Alamo might have looked like despite looking unique from each other. San Antonio also has Sea World & Six Flags Fiesta Texas for local amusement parks. San Antonio is also the location of Fiesta, an annual week-long tradition that acts as the Tex-Mex Mardi Gras. Fiesta is an exemplary display of San Antonio’s finer culture, marking the Fiesta Flambeau Night Parade as the nation’s largest night parade, the King William (Wilhelm) Fair in our King William District as a reminder of our strong German/Prussian aristrocracry-immigrant roots, the Battle Of Flowers parade as a jovial, colourful, & peaceful tribute to our fallen ancestors of the Battles Of The Alamo & Of San Jacinto, and much more. In regard to the arts, San Antonio has the first modern arts museum in all of Texas, the McNay Art Museum, founded in 1950. We also have the Majestic Theatre, an antique theatre that stunningly replicates old-fashioned theatre houses in a similar way that New York City theatres do. We are the birthplace of puffy tacos, and with regard to Tex-Mex food, many would call us the Tex-Mex food capital of the world. If you love tacos, burritos, nachos, & more, then you will find a happy home here in San Antonio, TX! If you are joining the Air Force, then let me be the first to welcome you to San Antonio, TX before you even arrive. If you follow the tradition of Fiesta, then we hope to see you again next year. Our city is an amazing place for entertainment, history, culture, food, legend, triumph, & pride!

Posted: 29 July 2006 10:17 PM   [ # 2 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2005-02-24

Boca Raton is more of an old people place, but I suppose it gets its share of tourists for the beach. We have lots of shops/restaurants and parks, plus a farely big art museum. We used to have the Museum of Cartoon Art, but it closed down. It’s more of a residential place and the entertainment is found about 15 minutes away in Fort Lauderdale.

Posted: 30 July 2006 02:44 AM   [ # 3 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-02

Is it just me or does Andreux sound like a tour guide? Did you work as one, Andreux? 😛

Signature 

Gamer Card

Posted: 30 July 2006 06:30 PM   [ # 4 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
Oscar M. Cantu - 30 July 2006 05:44 AM

Is it just me or does Andreux sound like a tour guide? Did you work as one, Andreux? 😛

Haha 😊 I know, I sound like one. Oops! I just take heaps of pride in my city, and I really love showing people around. People always do not expect much from San Antonio, but we are much more interesting than people think! We may be a sleepy metropolis, but we also know how to party in a cool way

Posted: 30 July 2006 10:21 PM   [ # 5 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-02

Oh I know you san antonioites KNOW how to party! 😉

Signature 

Gamer Card

Posted: 31 July 2006 01:13 AM   [ # 6 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
Oscar M. Cantu - 31 July 2006 01:21 AM

Oh I know you san antonioites KNOW how to party! 😉

Hey, but we San Antonians go down to the RGV to go really party 😉 LOL

Posted: 31 July 2006 07:10 PM   [ # 7 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-02

I dunno what you’re talking about Andreux :zip:

Signature 

Gamer Card

Posted: 31 July 2006 07:56 PM   [ # 8 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Know It All
Joined  2004-12-22
Oscar M. Cantu - 31 July 2006 10:10 PM

Do not deny your natural party-animal personality!

Posted: 31 July 2006 09:10 PM   [ # 9 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-02
Andreux - 31 July 2006 10:56 PM
Oscar M. Cantu - 31 July 2006 10:10 PM

Do not deny your natural party-animal personality!

:: sigh :: I’m sorry to say, that part of me hasn’t had much “exercise” in a while. :(

Now I know there’s more than 4 people that visit the forums, what about all the rest of the cities?

Signature 

Gamer Card

Posted: 31 July 2006 09:40 PM   [ # 10 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2574
Joined  2004-12-22

Being that this thread has garnered 65 views, I would say they are lurking 😉

Signature 

Gear Live Media Network:
Gadgets, Games, Television, Sports, Food, Social Media, Seattle Mind Camp, Andru, Apps

Posted: 31 July 2006 09:52 PM   [ # 11 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-02

lurkers or slackers? :( ... hmmm ... maybe they are shy .... or scared that someone will make fun of their city/town .... rest assured that I’ll delete any such comments ... lol ... that sounds so cheesy 😛

Signature 

Gamer Card

Posted: 04 August 2006 09:11 PM   [ # 12 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Initiation
Total Posts:  46
Joined  2005-03-09

I live in Florence, SC so there isn’t that much to do.  We do have a couple malls and a cool place called the Lower Room where local bands play small shows.  We also have a Civic Center that hosts various events such as our hockey team The Florence Pride.  But I’m not that big on hockey so that doesn’t help me much.  One of the best parts is we’re only two hours away from the beach so when ever you want to have an overnight trip it’s not a big deal.

Posted: 08 August 2006 05:54 PM   [ # 13 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
You > Me
Total Posts:  72
Joined  2006-08-07

In connecticut here we just have some good restaurants, a mall and thats about it. Oh yeah we have a Civic Center as well in Hartford. Mehh…. Beach is close so thats good 😊

Posted: 08 August 2006 06:14 PM   [ # 14 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2006-08-08

North Shore, Oahu.  I would say the 2 big attractions here are the beaches and Foodland.

Posted: 08 August 2006 07:49 PM   [ # 15 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2005-01-02

Wow - It seems that we all have one thing in common: Beach access!  😊

Signature 

Gamer Card

Posted: 08 August 2006 07:51 PM   [ # 16 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2006-08-07

Three cheers for beach access!

:coolsmile:

Posted: 08 August 2006 08:08 PM   [ # 17 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-03-09
talkshowhost - 08 August 2006 10:51 PM

Three cheers for beach access!

:coolsmile:

Everybody loves the beach.

Posted: 08 August 2006 10:36 PM   [ # 18 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
You > Me
Joined  2006-08-07

Yeah. Only with big waves though.

Posted: 09 August 2006 07:49 AM   [ # 19 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Initiation
Joined  2005-03-09
talkshowhost - 09 August 2006 01:36 AM

Yeah. Only with big waves though.

Nah the beach is good anytime.  There’s parties at the beach.

Posted: 11 September 2006 07:56 PM   [ # 20 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
I've Only Posted Once!
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2006-09-11

I live in LA and I have to say we have great music, movie stars and awesome food.  Also to compare w/ everyone we have great beaches too 😊

Posted: 11 September 2006 08:10 PM   [ # 21 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Hi...I'm New...
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2006-08-18

Well, being a person that lives in Las Vegas, I think most of you already know what attracts people here.