< 1 2
2 of 2
Which DVD Burner?
Posted: 08 January 2005 05:28 AM   [ # 26 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Board Apprentice
Total Posts:  1649
Joined  2004-09-14

That one can. Strange since Dell is an R+ supporter. But I guess since the creator of the drive is NEC.

Posted: 10 January 2005 06:59 AM   [ # 27 ]     [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
I'm A Regular
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2004-07-27

i actually just bought a dvd burner myself.. i’ve only had it a few days but it works pretty well.. it’s the tdk 1280… burns pretty much everything +r/-r +rw/-rw and cds.. on +r’s it can burn at 12x but i’ve been burning at 4 or 6 just to make sure the quality is the best possible.. it only takes a few more minutes anyway.  I don’t know if it’s dual layer.. but i don’t really care.. cause i wouldn’t spend a million dollars on a dvd.. i didn’t even want to spend a dollar a peice on them.. and then i saw a sale in the corner got 2 25 spindles for 20 bucks.

it took me a while to get the hang of it.. wasted like 4 discs haha.. i’ve only burned svcds previous to this.. and wasn’t sure what format it need to be converted too.  I tried to use nero to do all the work.. and it just never burned.. spent 13 hours “converting”.. then i tried to use the roxio that came with it.. and it wouldn’t recognize any formats.. i tried loading avi’s into it.. didn’t work.. so i converted them to mpeg.. didn’t work.. tried converting to vob.. didn’t work.  finally i just started using winavi to batch convert, dvdauthoringgui to author them, and then nero burning rom to burn… works like a charm

< 1 2
2 of 2