On Gear Live: Technology Access Foundation Students Visit Capital One to Talk Tech Careers

Nicollette Sheridan Granted ‘Desperate Housewives’ Retrial

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Television, Legal Issues, Rivalries,

Nicollette SheridanNicollette Sheridan has been granted a retrial in her case against Desperate Housewives.

The actress claims she was wrongfully dismissed from the show following arguments with its creator, Marc Cherry, but the first trial ended in a hung jury. The program's makers, ABC Entertainment and Disney, asked the judge to dismiss the case based on evidence that surfaced during trial earlier this year, but a judge has ruled in favor of a retrial.

The new trial is set for September 10, but Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elizabeth Allen White urged them to end the case privately on Wednesday morning. "I very, very strongly urge you to continue settlement discussions," she said.

Nicollette is seeking $5.7 million in damages and $35,000 in sanctions from ABC Entertainment for her treatment on the series, which saw her character, Edie Britt, killed off in season five by being electrocuted. The jury were deadlocked at eight to four in Nicollette's favour during the first trial, which would appear to put her in a strong position to triumph if the case is retried.


Advertisement

Eva Longoria Says Sheridan Case is a ‘Stain’ on Desperate Housewives

Eva LongoriaEva Longoria says the trial between Nicollette Sheridan and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry has left a "stain" on the show's legacy.

The 37-year-old actress was shocked her former co-star's claims for battery and wrongful termination against Marc and ABC ever ended up in court and she is sad it is something the series will be associated with.

"I was surprised that there was even a trial and it went that far. I love Nicollette and I love Marc Cherry, and I love our work environment. It's a stain on our legacy as a hit show. It was just unfortunate, the whole thing," she told Katie Couric on Good Morning America.

Nicollette claimed Marc deliberately assaulted during an on-set dispute in 2008, an allegation he denied, and after she complained to ABC bosses about the incident her character Edie Britt was killed off. Her battery claim was thrown out of court, while her wrongful termination case ended in a mistrial in March after the jurors failed to reach a majority verdict.

Click to continue reading Eva Longoria Says Sheridan Case is a ‘Stain’ on Desperate Housewives


Nicollette Sheridan Files Lawsuit Against Former ABC Bosses

Posted by Veronica Santiago Categories: Television, Legal Issues,

Marc Cherry and Nicollette Sheridan

Was really assaulted by her former Desperate Housewives boss…or is she simply desperate for attention?

In a new lawsuit filed Monday, the former ABC actress claims a September 2008 incident between herself and writer was the reason she was let go from the hit show.

According to the papers, Nicollette was pulled aside and struck in her head and face after she “questioned Cherry about something that was in the script.” Although she supposedly reported the incident to ABC, she was later written out of the program.

Click to continue reading Nicollette Sheridan Files Lawsuit Against Former ABC Bosses

Read More | TMZ

Advertisement